Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
As we have millions of visitors, we find A/B testing to be a powerful tool that helps teams to evaluate their ideas and iterate on them while knowing the whole time exactly what our users want. As a Developer at Catawiki therefore you will not only be involved in implementing these tests, but also contributing your own ideas for improvements and experiments.
We’ve already implemented localisations for various European countries and will be expanding even further, outside of Europe, in the near future.
Our stack and how we work
Each team comprised of a mixture of Front-End, Back-End and Mobile Developers, together with a Product Owner, UX Designer and a Data Scientist has a steely focus on a particular domain, but our engineers are able to switch between different teams and projects throughout their career at Catawiki.
Who you are
It doesn't matter what stack you're used to working with, as long as you're motivated to learn new things, ship new features, and tackle new and interesting challenges. Our stack is mainly focused around Ruby, so if you are not experienced in it, it will be highly valued that you're a fast learner. Next to this:
- You have experience of designing, developing and deploying backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- You have demonstrable experience of collaborating closely with other engineers to become a valued member of autonomous, cross- functional teams.
- You understand the value that you can add to the business, the product and the impact of your work on users.
- Our main business language is English, therefore it's important that you have excellent communication skills in English too.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
Amsterdam or Assen