What you will do
Catawiki’s purpose is to enable people to discover and obtain special objects that help them fulfil their passions. In doing so, we support our customers adding empathy and are able to transform their experiences into amazing adventures.
So, what's the job?
As an Expert in Classical Art, you will be closely involved with evaluating and curating the artworks submitted by our Spanish Sellers. You will help our Sellers create the best lot titles and descriptions, provide us with their best pictures, and advise them on the best estimated value based for their lot.
Using your expert knowledge and your extensive network, you will be responsible for creating attractive auctions every week. This will be done by engaging with the Catawiki’s Sellers and by working with our Sales teams, to attract new Sellers and offer even more choice to our Buyers.
You will also be present in the field, attending Classical Art fairs and visiting galleries and collectors throughout the year, across Spain.
Finally, you’ll also be working together with our Marketing Department to be a Classical Art evangelist, within and outside of Catawiki. You will be involved in the marketing plan designed to promote the auctions of the Catawiki Classical Art department.
How we roll
Our Expert team is responsible for curating, selecting and promoting the thousands of items you see on Catawiki every day. It is also responsible for promoting the Catawiki brand and services in the Classical Art world – notably through selected events and visits to galleries, boutiques, and events in Europe.
You'll move in sync
You will be a key member of our Art team, that’s currently composed of 30+ Experts. You will work closely with your fellow Experts to share your expertise and collaboratively provide the best service to Catawiki’s customers. You will also work very closely with the Sales and Marketing team, to ensure that your auctions get the best selection of artworks, whilst reaching out to the most qualified audience worldwide.
A little about you
We do not necessarily require any diplomas or experience in similar functions; however, we do require:
- You are an absolute Expert in Classical Art, for the artists originating from Spain
- You have significant experience in trading Classical Art artworks; you can have previous trade experience from running a gallery, from an auction house, or by having been an agent in the Art world
- Naturally, you have an extensive network of potential sellers and experts in your field
- You have native level Spanish and excellent communication skills in English
- You have the diplomatic competence needed to act as a mediator in disputes between users
The Catawiki Story
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. Our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across Europe and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made training to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
You can choose a work-from-home or be part of our brand new offices across Europe (Amsterdam, Assen, Rome, Paris)