Senior Expert Paper Collectables United Kingdom
Who we are:
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 6 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do:
As a Senior Expert Books for the United Kingdom, your main goal is to building a commercial base of new and repeat sellers for the books and cartography category. Besides your main focus on the books and cartography you will also contribute to the other categories of the collectable supercluster.
Furthermore, as a Senior Expert you will:
- Liaise with category leads to identify important fairs and trade events to attend;
- Attend events on a regular basis to support our sales team in reaching new customers in each category (particularly Books & Cartography).
- Visit potential sellers from your existing network or provide by the sales team, to evaluate their stock, onboard them, and assist in initial uploads
- To demonstrate with regular reports and planning documents the ongoing revenue acquired through their activity;
- Supporting the expert team in screening lots.
Finally, you’ll also be working together with our Marketing department to be an Books evangelist, within and outside of Catawiki. You will be involved in the Marketing plan designed to promote the Catawiki Books department, and you will be interviewed for press articles.
Who are you
We do not necessarily require any diplomas or experience in similar functions, however, we do require:
- You are an absolute Books Expert;
- You have experience in trading related to Rare Books in the United Kingdom;
- Documented commercial experience;
- Excellent (English) communicative skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Naturally, you have an extensive network of potential sellers and experts in your field;
- You have the diplomatic competence needed to act as a mediator in disputes between users;
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
- United Kingdom
United Kingdom, Home-based