Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
As our Branded Content Manager, you will lead the content strategy and content creation across marketing touchpoints, particularly in digital channels. Building and leading a team of content writers, editors and designers, you will drive the brand narratives across channels and shape the future of content at Catawiki. This is a unique opportunity to take ownership and build our brand through relevant, effective and inspiring content that delights customers. Your key tasks will be:
- Defining the content strategy for Catawiki, based on brand strategy and brand identity
- Mapping existing content across touchpoints to identify gaps and opportunities
- Owning and implementing our “brand bible” to (re)define the visual language and tone of voice of our brand, drive consistency of content across all touchpoints
- Creating and implementing a content marketing calendar
- Introducing clear briefing processes for clearer, faster deliverables and asset management
- Utilising in-house data to test, learn, and optimise the content you create and deliver to channel owners
- Building and coaching a team of copywriters, editors, designers together with a network of freelancers
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitors.
You will work closely together with other marketing (Brand, CRM, Performance, Categories), UX and product teams.
Who are you
- You have 6 to 8 years experience of creating impact through content & developing content strategy within an e-commerce environment
- You are highly creative, with significant experience in the ideation, creation, planning and maintenance of editorial content (visual and written content)
- Data-driven, you have the ability to apply user research and experimental data to inform and defend content strategy and its development
- You are experienced working with multiple teams and stakeholders, including content localisation, brand, marketing, UX and product
- You are really good at communicating priorities, opportunities, guidelines, and rationale of the decisions taken
- You have a highly collaborative nature, a passion for the latest developments in content creation and the desire to make a large commercial impact through content
- You are hands-on-deck and enjoy thriving in a very entrepreneurial setup;
- You are passionate about finding new ways of doing things; forward-thinker to anticipate future trends
- You are a star at leading teams to deliver, prioritise projects among many stakeholders
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.