Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
As our Social Media Marketeer, you will own Catawiki social channels, manage day to day social presence and help develop Catawiki's approach to social from the ground up! Your tasks & responsibilities will span these different areas:
Define, develop and design the Brand Social presence:
- Based on the brand image and objectives, select the best platform for social media presence (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram…)
- Assist with the creation and presentation of our social media strategy & calendar
- Develop appropriate content for social channels, briefing internal teams or external agencies
- Manage the distribution of organic content on owned social channels & provide live coverage at a handful of key events throughout the year
- Keep up to date on social media trends and best practices, coming up with opportunities for social
Interact with consumers:
- Interact with consumers in social media channels using social media management software and related tools
- Be the point of contact and spokesperson of the brand on social media (news, advice, customer support…)
Monitoring and reporting:
- Monitor, maintain and enhance online brand identity
- Produce social media listening and engagement reports for internal and external teams. Gather insights to inform campaigns.
Who are you
You are an entrepreneur who is digitally savvy and passionate about social media channels. You are pro-active and like to bring new ideas or find new ways to achieve your targets. You are organised, with great attention to details and able to manage priorities on your own. Beside this, you are:
- An inspirational and enthusiastic team-player who is passionate about social media and has at least a Bachelor's Degree;
- With 3-4 years experience in social media community management, having previously been responsible for managing content/communities
- Experienced with social media content creation
- Familiar with social media listening, content publishing and website analytical tools
- With a can-do attitude; your desire to work hard matches that required by a start-up company;
- Someone who enjoys meeting up with colleagues on off-hours.
Here’s what we can offer you
- Working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.