Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
As our Below the Line Marketing specialst, you will lead the strategy for the BTL marketing channels throughout Europe, focusing on our key markets. You will be responsible for planning and executing the BTL calendar. You will manage your own budget in order to achieve sustainable organic growth by driving new and repeat buyers & sellers through BTL activities and campaigns, and more specifically via events/fairs, promotions and advertorials.
Reporting to the Head of Brand and working very closely with our Category Marketing team and Catawiki’s in-house experts, this role has tremendous visibility within the business and requires high communication and negotiation skills. Your key tasks will be:
- Own the BTL marketing strategy and be a key driver of organic growth for Catawiki
- Work with our BTL agency to develop creative executions in line with the brand identity and deliver an impactful and consistent message at every touch point
- Manage various levels of stakeholders in order to complete the BTL calendar and bring creativity to the delivery
- Investigate event/ fairs opportunities in key markets following category strategy
- Follow-up on all planned events to ensure delivery within timings and budget
- Ensure reporting set-up for devices at events via Adjust app tool
- Create event checklists
- Report back to the business regularly based on specific KPIs, drafting monthly topline reports, including data, qualitative feedback and visuals
Who are you
- You are passionate about Marketing and Project management.
- You are a Marketeer with ~4 years experience in Marketing, including event management and advertising / communication.
- You have experience with managing agencies and have an eye-for-detail
- You’re comfortable with all levels of stakeholders (from junior to senior/ management levels)
- You have strong communication skills
- You are a strategic thinker who also likes to be hands-on
- You’re data-aware and understand the importance of reporting
- You are autonomous and don’t hesitate to take initiatives
- You’re organised and able to multitask
- You’re at ease within a very dynamic and fast-moving startup structure
- Language skills: English as mandatory + either Italian, French or German as a plus
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to add colour and make the world a more interesting place. Come help shape a unique place and join one of Europe’s fastest growing platforms! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organization. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands. Additionally, you can expect:
- Working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.