Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
Amazing opportunity to be part of Catawiki’s young, eager and dynamic legal team. Working from the Amsterdam office, you will guide the business of Catawiki through challenging commercial legal and regulatory fields.
Born and raised in The Netherlands, Catawiki started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 they hosted their first online auction and haven’t looked back since! Today, Catawiki is a fast-[aced, substantially growing and truly international company. Despite the rapid expansion, it is still in start-up mode. This gives you room to help shape the company and more specifically the legal department. This is a challenging and dynamic role with impact at the core of the business. You will be working across departments with international stakeholders. acting as a true business partner on a great variety of legal topics and strategic challenges to help the business achieve its growth ambitions. You’ll be reporting to the director of legal and risk.
- Point of contact for questions related to user disputes and claims, and regulatory or compliance risk;
- Advising business on a.o. commercial contract law, consumer law, privacy and intellectual property law;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts ranging from e-commerce, IT, data protection, PR and marketing, terms and conditions, supplier contracts and contract templates;
- Drafting company quality guidelines, building company alignment through policies and procedures and provide training to Catawikians;
- Pro-actively enhancing legal awareness, including on topics such as regulatory compliance, privacy and security compliance;
Who you are
- You've got a Master’s degree in EU civil law, with an international mindset
- Around 5 years' work experience, preferably as legal counsel at an international consumer goods company, tech company or as an attorney.
- Background in commercial contracting, consumer law or commercial litigation and (basic) knowledge of privacy law is a pre.
- Passionate about the legal challenges in an international online environment, preferably in online platforms;
- Accurate and an excellent planner;
- Hands-on approach, with great organizational, analytical and communicational skills;
- Comfortable to act as organizational conscience, balancing regulatory compliance with a hands-on business culture;
- The ability to work successfully and positively in a fast-paced team environment;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written and fluency in at least one other language.
Here's what we can offer you
- A challenging and dynamic role with impact at the core of the business
- Diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great environment with a fun and easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.