A unique opportunity to further strengthen the position of Catawiki in the Design world
Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
As our Category Manager (interior) Design you will further develop Catawiki’s international Design strategy, its positioning and execution. You are responsible for all the Design related auctions. This includes auction & FTE planning, setting targets and monitoring performance, forecasting, and overseeing the quality of our lot curation process. You will manage a team of international Design Experts and you work closely together with our Sales & Marketing departments to get the best supply to the auctions. Naturally, you provide a frictionless experience to our sellers and buyers, you will connect with them on regular basis as it is our ambition to be part of the community.
You will be part of the Art and Antiques department and you will report directly to the General Manager Art and Antiques. In your day to day work, you closely collaborate with all departments across the organisation, from Customer Support to Product development.
Who are you
As our Category Manager Design you have:
- Strong affinity with Interior Design, preferably complemented with working experience in related businesses such as Auction Houses or in an E-Commerce company;
- An entrepreneurial mindset;
- Passion for delivering a world-class customer experience as a fundament for strong growth;
- Relevant working experience in the retail/e-commerce industry
- Strong analytical skills, using the hypothesis driven approach to generate insights on category performance;
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Minimum of 5 -7 years experience in managing/leading (international) teams;
- Are a Team player, have strong negotiation skills and a hands-on mentality.
Here’s what we can offer you
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.