Customer Experience Specialist
Catawiki’s goal is to make special objects universally available. Our weekly auctions feature thousands of unusual, rare, and exceptional objects that you won’t find in just any store.
What does the work involve?
Your goal is to delight our customers (Sellers and Buyers) by solving complex challenges, answering their questions and supporting them in solving their issues. The customer experience department plays a crucial role in driving the retention of customers, ensuring they come back to Catawiki again and again.
We have a broad variety of customers, from traders in exclusive Ferrari's to Antique Jewellery collectors, and everything in between. Occasionally, there might be a dispute between a seller and a buyer. It is your challenge to mediate between each customer and find a solution that works for both. In this interesting customer service job you will gain knowledge on issues relating to legal, marketing, finance and international trade. Aside from this you will:
- Be responsible for making sure customer issues and questions are addressed and resolved in a correct and timely manner, via phone or email;
- Answer questions from customers, and from your extensive communication with users you look out for possibilities for improvements in our services;
- Manage disputes and complaints, finding the best solution for both parties;
- Work together with other departments to improve the customer experience.
This is who you are
Customer service is totally your thing and you can communicate in a clear, customer-oriented manner. Customer satisfaction is your main goal. You try your utmost to find fitting solutions to all problems. You do this in a patient, clear and empathetic way with the aim of customer satisfaction.
- You speak fluent Dutch and write flawlessly;
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a similar position;
- You have a basic command of the English language;
- You are available for a minimum of 32 hours per week for a longer period of time;
- You can quickly switch between telephony and e-mail;
- You are willing to work 2 days a week until 19.00 pm and are available for 2 weekends a month;
- You are currently living in the Netherlands;
- You are willing to work on public holidays.
What we offer
- Gross salary between 1900- and 2250 euro gross per month, based on 40 hours per week;
- 50% allowance on Sundays;
- Travel allowance if you are not living in Amsterdam or Assen;
- A challenging job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic and international organisation;
- Freedom and responsibility to organise your work efficiently and friendly colleagues who are willing to help you;
- Yoga, healthy friday, mindfulness;
- Regular fun employee activities and drinks;
- Excellent opportunities for career development towards sales, marketing or a lead agent role in the Customer Service department;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
- Telephone interview. A recruiter from Catawiki will call you to get acquainted.
- Customer service test. By taking this test, you are already assuming the role of Customer experience specialist at Catawiki. The great thing is that you can take this short test at home.
- Interview with the manager and a colleague from the Customer Service department.
- Contract proposal.
- Hired! Every first week of the month we start a new training group!
How it all started
Catawiki was founded in 2008; it was originally designed as a website where collectors could manage and keep track of their collections online. Visitors can still add new items to the existing catalog of collectibles. Unsurprisingly, the name Catawiki is a combination of the words ‘catalogue’ and ‘wiki’. In 2011, Catawiki began hosting weekly auctions in various categories, including art, antiques, classic cars, watches, jewelry, fashion, books, and stamps.
Are you interested?
Apply now if you are interested in this vacancy! Attach your CV and cover letter to your application, clearly stating why you are the candidate we're looking for.