Catawiki’s goal is to make special objects universally available. Our weekly auctions feature thousands of unusual, rare, and exceptional objects that you won’t find in just any store.
What does the work involve?
Your goal is to delight our customers (Sellers and Buyers) by solving complex challenges, answering their questions and supporting them in solving their issues. The customer experience department plays a crucial role in driving the retention of customers, ensuring they come back to Catawiki again and again.
We have a broad variety of customers, from traders in exclusive Ferrari's to Antique Jewellery collectors, and everything in between. Occasionally, there might be a dispute between a seller and a buyer. It is your challenge to mediate between each customer and find a solution that works for both. In this interesting customer service job you will gain knowledge on issues relating to legal, marketing, finance and international trade. Aside from this you will:
- Be responsible for making sure customer issues and questions are addressed and resolved in a correct and timely manner, via phone or email;
- Answer questions from customers, and from your extensive communication with users you look out for possibilities for improvements in our services;
- Manage disputes and complaints, finding the best solution for both parties;
- Work together with other departments to improve the customer experience.
This is who you are
Customer service is totally your thing and you can communicate in a clear, customer-oriented manner. Customer satisfaction is your main goal. You try your utmost to find fitting solutions to all problems. You do this in a patient, clear and empathetic way with the aim of customer satisfaction.
- You speak fluent Dutch and write flawlessly;
- You have experience in a customer related role (hospitality business, receptionist, callcenter, tourism etc.)
- You have a basic command of the English language;
- You are available for 40 hours per week;
- You can quickly switch between telephony and e-mail;
- You are willing to work 2 days a week until 19.00 pm and are available for 2 weekends a month;
- You are currently living in the Assen surroundings;
- You are willing to work on public holidays.
What we offer
- Gross salary of 2000 euro gross per month, based on 40 hours per week;
- Travel allowance if you are not living in Assen;
- Catawikians who are performing good will get a permanent contract after 12 months;
- Catawikians who are performing good will get stock options in our company after 12 months and with that become an owner of Catawiki;
- A challenging job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic and international organisation;
- Freedom and responsibility to organise your work efficiently and friendly colleagues who are willing to help you;
- Yoga, healthy Friday, mindfulness;
- Regular fun employee activities and drinks;
- Excellent opportunities for career development towards sales, marketing or a lead agent role in the Customer Service department;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
- Customer Experience test. By taking this test, you are already assuming the role of Customer Experience Specialist at Catawiki. The great thing is that you can take this short test at home.
- Telephone interview. A recruiter from Catawiki will call you to get acquainted.
- Interview with the manager and a colleague from the Customer Experience department.
- Contract proposal.
- Hired! Every first week of the month we start a new training group!
How it all started
Catawiki was founded in 2008; it was originally designed as a website where collectors could manage and keep track of their collections online. Visitors can still add new items to the existing catalog of collectibles. Unsurprisingly, the name Catawiki is a combination of the words ‘catalogue’ and ‘wiki’. In 2011, Catawiki began hosting weekly auctions in various categories, including art, antiques, classic cars, watches, jewelry, fashion, books, and stamps.
Are you interested?
Find our more about our team and culture
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.
Assen, Drenthe, Netherlands