Catawiki’s purpose is to enable people to discover and obtain special objects that help them fulfill their passions. In doing so, we add some color & make the world a more interesting place!
Catawiki is looking for an experienced automation test engineer for our international web platform.
Here’s Elmira, one of our QA Engineers:
“I’ve never worked in an environment where QA Engineers are welcomed so much and the job we do is so appreciated. Developers take a lot of responsibility for the quality of their code and are always happy to help and answer questions. I feel trusted in what I’m doing and I feel freedom to improve our test procedures to make sure our users get the best experience with Catawiki.”
What’s the job
With all your expertise you will be responsible for setting up the test automation process to make sure regression issues are not sneaking into production, In addition, you will be:
- Providing Quality Assurance (QA) of Catawiki web and mobile platforms
- Implementing and executing automated test scripts to ensure the quality of each feature and release
- Setting up an automation environment
- Improving the overall QA processes and confidence in the product
- Identifying and reporting defects found with auto tests
- Guiding other QA engineers in their development towards automation testing
You'll move in sync with…
As a part of a team of professionals (test and software engineers, product and UX specialists) within functional area, you’ll be making sure the quality of the software meets high standards.
With the help of other Catawiki test engineers, you will be covering the most important user flows with automation.
A little bit about you
You are curious, have a good eye for detail, are analytical and have a critical mindset. You can think out of the box and be creative when it comes to test scenarios.
You are passionate about QA automation, you like making sure the tests are running on a regular basis and automatically report found issues.
Next, to this it’s likely you’ll also have experience with the following:
- Strong experience (5+ years) in the automation of complex user interfaces
- Strong experience with test automation frameworks and tooling (Puppeteer, Cypress, CodeceptJS or similar framework)
- Experience in mobile automation is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
The Catawiki Story
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone.
In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 International offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
Here’s what we can offer you
A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities, located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere. The Catawiki Community gathers everyone together for everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
And there’s more! We also provide paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.