Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
How you'll make an impact
As we’re rapidly expanding, we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager (Capabilities) to strengthen our team of high performing Product Managers, Engineers and Designers and help us to scale our business further.
There is a range of internal capabilities that make our company successful but need to be scaled to the next level: from our various Customer Service tools to algorithms for detecting fraud to the systems for managing our 16 languages and various types of content on our platform.
As our second PM Capabilities at Catawiki, you will work with a multidisciplinary team within our Capabilities vertical to:
- Relentlessly focus on what’s best for our customers and our business.
- Empower our organisation with the right tooling to make our work both efficient and of high quality so that we can give our customers a delightful experience.
- Understand and identify behaviour and needs through research and analysis.
- Analyse and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Take full ownership of our Content and Localisation tooling, including the roadmap and prioritisation of new features and enhancements to existing features.
- Define the product vision and strategy for these essential parts of our value proposition.
- Execute on that roadmap with clear expected outcomes and meticulous measurement.
- Empower your team and cross-collaborate with other teams and stakeholders across the company to unlock their full potential.
- Manage and work closely with your stakeholders: the commercial teams and the experts, to get the best ideas in and subsequently get everyone aligned for fast implementation.
Who you are
In addition to your demonstrable experience as a Product Manager in a fast-growing online company, you also have:
- A strong belief in customer-centric product development.
- A data-driven approach; you base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation; you’re aware that valuable information comes from both positive and negative results through experimentation.
- An interest and curiosity in the world of (online) auctions.
- Affinity with/understanding of machine learning to power automation.
- An intrinsic motivation to drive operational efficiency and overcoming resistance to change.
- Energy, a commercial focus, and a sense of urgency to everything you touch; you’re a self-motivated and results-driven person who is not afraid to get their hands dirty to solve a problem.
- Natural collaboration and communication skills, fluent in English, and good at posing probing questions to quickly and fully understand what someone's talking about.
- An agile and innovative mindset with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment, plus the ability to deal with complexity and ambiguous situations.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-growing (and ideally e-commerce focused) company.
- Definitely a plus: basic SQL skills, knowledge of APIs, knowledge around online security and legal compliance, experience with third party tooling integrations.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands. Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.