A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the unique artwork - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
As Account Manager in Art & Antiques, you will play a key role in onboarding and managing passionate sellers and contribute to the realisation of the commercial targets in our dynamic organisation.
- You will manage strategically the relationship with key sellers, by identifying commercial opportunities (based on data, knowledge, and passion);
- Explore the German speaking market and find new leads for Catawiki;
- Draw up and maintain win-win commercial agreements between key sellers and Catawiki;
- Monitor and analyse the key accounts KPI’s and educate them on seller statistics, category guidelines, etc.;
- Champion common issues experienced by sellers by proactively aligning with key internal stakeholders;
- Also, you will visit fairs to meet sellers and to extend your network.
You will be part of the Art & Antiques Sales department and be working for the German speaking market. Your colleagues are a group of experienced account managers with various backgrounds in sales, art history, and design, that share a great passion for the categories they are taking care of and the items offered on Catawiki.
Who are you:
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience;
- Your degree is either Commercial, Economics or Sales related, or you have a background in Art, Antiques, Design, Asian Art and/or Archeology;
- Fluent German (mother tongue) and excellent communication skills in English is a must;
- Flexibility! We are a fast growing organisation where things can be different tomorrow;
- A passion for the online industry and ideally for art & antiques;
- Available for 40 hours a week;
- Capable of using Excel. We are a data-driven company.
Here’s what we can offer you:
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made training to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands