Catawiki’s purpose is to enable people to discover and obtain special objects that help them fulfill their passions. In doing so, we add some color & make the world a more interesting place.
Our Data Story
With thousands of active lots every day, hundreds of thousands of daily bids, millions of users, and billions of events, the Catawiki platform generates vast amounts of data every day. All this data is being collected and stored, and used extensively by our team of 10 analysts and data scientists that want to build a better company by using data in a smart way. At Catawiki, we believe in using data for making decisions, and the Data Science & Analytics team plays an important role in that.
What you will do:
We’re looking for a Data Scientist/Analyst that can help us make sense of all our data, and find actionable insights, patterns and relations by combining data from multiple sources and working closely together with your colleagues in other departments. Tasks include:
- Work with cross functional teams to find trends and opportunities in the data and make recommendations for improvements to the business strategy
- Be on top of all of Catawiki’s data, which you will use to create a better understanding of our users and of the effectiveness of what we do in every department
- Find key metrics that drive the performance of departments and products, and make these accessible to stakeholders through dashboards and reports
- You will work closely with the Product & Tech department of Catawiki, and have the opportunity to own Analytics for an entire pillar of the department, developing a strong relationship with your stakeholders
- On a day-to-day basis, your main mission will be to support Product Managers in identifying opportunities, prioritising features and evaluating success through AB experimentation
- You will be part of the Data team, and help us enrich and maintain our data warehouse as well as develop data accessibility across the entire company
Who you are
- An experienced Data Scientist / Business Analyst with a strong quantitative background and 3+ years of relevant experience (ideally in an online company).
- You’re a SQL Ninja who is not afraid of handling large volumes of data.
- Fluent in either R or Python.
- Experience with A/B experimentation and Web tracking/analytics are a plus.
- With examples from your own experience you can demonstrate a strong focus on deriving actionable business insights from your analyses.
- Strong communication skills and being able to work at a fast pace with business owners, engineers and management.
- Proven ability to extract meaning from very big datasets with little engineering support.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to get things done, also if that requires actions outside your own area or comfort zone.
The Catawiki Story
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every single day. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone.
In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent.
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 International offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
Here’s what we can offer you
A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities, located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
The Catawiki Community gathers everyone together for everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
And there’s more! We also provide paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.