Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
As our Business Recruiter you will lead the recruitment process and help us hire for core functions, with an initial focus on our Expert, Sales and other commercial HQ functions as we expand across Europe and Asia. You will search for candidates, conduct interviews and manage the recruitment process from end to end, proactively making improvements along the way.
You will find, target and approach the best profiles, making Catawiki stand-out from the crowd. Next to this, you’ll also be responsible for helping to further develop Catawiki’s employer brand, working creatively with the rest of the (awesome!) recruitment team on a mixture of short and long term projects aimed at increasing the quality of hire.
You will manage your own portfolio of vacancies, forming effective partnerships with hiring managers. As a business recruiter at Catawiki, you will become an important member of Catawiki’s People Team, contributing to initiatives that make Catawiki a destination of choice for the best and most relevant talent in the market. These initiatives will range from employer branding, to events, partnerships, process improvements and a whole lot more!
The role can be based out of our Amsterdam or Assen office, with remote work also possible in Germany as we look to expand our workforce there significantly in 2021.
Who you are
In addition to having experience of successfully hiring in a fast paced working environment, it’s likely you’ll be excited about working in an international startup environment. Furthermore, you will:
- Have relevant experience collaborating with hiring managers, coaching and advising them in order to effectively hire hard to fill roles.
- Have experience of pro-actively sourcing for candidates. You'll be comfortable building boolean search strings and are by nature curious and invested in finding the best communities, tools and places to search for talent.
- Be great at forming relationships with your stakeholders, from candidates to interviewers to hiring managers.
- You thrive in start-up / scale-up environments and are able to work with ambiguity.
- You are detailed oriented, well organised and proactive with a can-do attitude!
The following would be a plus:
- You are fluent in English and at least one other language (preference for German and Dutch, followed by French, Spanish and Italian)
- Experience of forming partnerships with universities, job fairs and online communities to attract the best local talent.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance, Headspace membership, a Bike plan and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.