A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the unique artwork - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What will you do?
As a Training Coordinator in the Commercial Operations team at Catawiki you are responsible for the design, implementation & leading of the training programmes for our commercial processes & tools.
As such you will:
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Operations Team Lead who will provide strategic guidance on business needs & strategic priorities
- Work closely with the rest of the Commercial Operations team, who is responsible for the tools & processes relevant to various areas of our business (eg. sales tools like Hubspot, curation tools for our experts). You will work closely with each team member to ensure the following, for their respective tools & processes: that any documentation built is easy to understand and always updated & available in our centralised knowledge database; that regular trainings are organised, for both new joiners & existing employees; that any feedback collected during these trainings is acted upon. Overall, you will act as the ‘voice of the expert or sales person’ in our team to truly ensure we design documentation & trainings suited to them
- Work closely with our HR team, ensuring that we leverage synergies between our teams especially with regards to onboarding programme & trainings
- Work closely with our commercial teams, both new joiners & existing employees for training & workshop leading & facilitation
- Define the overall cadence, content & format of our trainings, together with the rest of the Commercial Operations team members. You will ensure that the frequency of trainings is sufficient and that trainings are suited to business needs & target audiences (differing functions, differing levels of seniority, differing levels of experience & knowledge)
- Lead or facilitate given trainings, following your recommendation around the format to follow for each
- Design & continuously improve a monthly onboarding programme for our new joiners, embedded within the HR onboarding programme. This programme could include a ‘Manager’s onboarding guide’, a defined curriculum of introductory trainings, an onboarding tool (eg. Qollab) for improved engagement - amongst others. It would also include clear metrics for tracking engagement & success
- Design & continuously improve programmes targeted to our sellers: includes an onboarding programme for our new sellers (one for all sellers, with further add-ons for our assigned sellers) as well as refreshers, webinars and recorded sessions for existing sellers. Aim is to promote engagement as well as guarantee the growth of submissions of quality supply
- Design & continuously improve programmes targeted to the extended commercial teams: Marketing & CX
- Maintain & continuously improve our knowledge database, ensuring it always reflects documentation around all commercial tools & processes
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity for operational trainings or skill-based trainings, designing programmes, putting pilots in place & executing post rollout
- Always think one step further, embedding first-class training frameworks & methodologies into our own trainings to drive engagement & memorisation of the content
Who are you?
- You are passionate about knowledge sharing and training, and have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience in a similar role, preferably in an international matrix organisation and large parts of the teams working remotely.
- You have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment, like start-up or scale-up organisations
- You have project management experience, with a demonstrated ability to identify gaps & opportunities, suggest an implementation roadmap, rollout a pilot, adjust proposal based on observations, rollout final plan
- You have excellent communication skills, are assertive and compassionate when communicating with a large and diverse group stakeholders
- You are comfortable dealing with high work pressure and able to prioritize
- You are agile and innovative; You seek continuous feedback and input.
- You are a critical thinker, always trying to understand the ‘why, yet creative enough to come up with the ‘how’
- You are a connector, true team-player and natural collaborator
- Energy, quality driven and a sense of urgency with everything you touch;
- You are hands-on: able and willing to execute yourself
- You are eager and quick to learn sometimes complex topics and able to effectively put new knowledge into practice
- Fluent in English
Here's what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made training to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.