Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
The Category Lead is responsible for the coordination of daily operations concerning the auctions within the Category.
The Category Lead supports the Category Manager in order to ensure that the team of (remotely located) Experts work in the most efficient, scalable and consistent way possible and to achieve the targets of this category.
Category Lead activities include the following three responsibilities:
- Operational management of the auction planning;
- Consistency in the application of the quality guidelines;
- Supporting the Category Manager in deep diving into the performance results.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Day to day coordination of the planned auctions
- Ensure and optimise operational excellence of the auctions
- Expert coaching and training on the job to ensure one way of working, screening quality and consistency
- Monitor quality guidelines application
- Take the lead in finding new sources of sellers and sourcing quality supply
- Support the Category Manager in analysing and explaining current performance results
- Closely collaborate with colleagues in Customer Support, Product and Sales to ensure a world-class customer experience
- Provide input to Category Manager on strategy for the category
Who you are
- Good command of the English language
- Experience with or a special interest in trading/collecting Music-Vinyl Records-Memorabilia is a plus
- Able to coordinate and motivate a team
- Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues and function as a multiplier
- Empower Experts to bring/integrate their expertise in actionable plans to develop their Auctions
- An eye for trade
- Able to come up with tailored approaches and opportunities for specific seller and buyer groups (understand their needs and the category needs)
- Ability to build strong relationships with key suppliers and key internal stakeholders
- Able to analyse data to find commercial opportunities for Catawiki and ways to improve Expert productivity
- Ability to mediate in conflicts of interests (internally and externally)
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
- Work from home;
- Flexible to divide your working hours over the working week. We do have fixed meeting times during the week and you will be required to attend those (online) meetings;
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.
- United Kingdom