Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a multi-disciplinary Creative Director to lead, grow, and guide the in-house brand creative team, as well as collaborate with external agency partners.
The Creative Director will be responsible for connecting business strategy to world-class creative execution in order to cut-through and build affinity for the Catawiki brand. You will do this through seasonal trade campaigns, brand partnerships, events and integrated marketing campaigns - while thriving in a scale-up environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate has an impressive portfolio of work that spans multiple countries and languages, and understands how to develop scalable creative concepts for diverse markets, and customers - rooted in insights.
You appreciate the value of every channel (ATL and BTL) and have the proven ability to bring a campaign to life across various touch points including web, app, performance marketing, CRM, PR and social.
It is the Creative Director’s responsibility to influence and inspire your creative team, while also partnering cross-functionally to ensure the Catawiki brand is brought to life consistently, and with impact, on all touch-points, channels and campaigns.
The Creative Director will report to the Head of Brand.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of creative direction, leadership and execution in a creative agency or internal creative agency environment
- You have global or multi-country working experience
- Experienced in managing interdisciplinary creative teams
- A strong portfolio of work across multiple brands, media channels and budgets
- A strategic understanding of marketing, advertising and brand communications
- The ability to craft compelling creative concepts in response to insights and strategic problems to achieve business objectives
- A broad range of conceptual and executional experience with various channels and touchpoints across paid, owned and earned media.
- A strong grasp of performance marketing and the ability to apply audience insights and analytics with creative problem solving
- You consistently seek learnings and results to build and improve for the future
- Extraordinary team leadership experience leading and inspiring a creative team, developing talent and team building.
- The ability to influence cross-functionally and with external creative partners to ensure brand consistency
- Experience curating and partnering with a diverse range of creative and production companies
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.