Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest-growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 600 Catawikians working across 6 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
We are looking for an Expert in Decorative Objects, with a focus on handcrafted and second hand decorative object auctions, and help us to further build out our offering in Decorative Objects and Interiors.
As an Expert in Decorative Objects, you will be closely involved with evaluating and arranging lots submitted by our users. You will be responsible for creating attractive auctions every week, using your expert knowledge of second hand and handcrafted decorative objects.
Catawiki strives to keep user transactions as transparent and fair as possible, and your expertise and experience play a large part in maintaining this standard. You know better than anyone what items are of interest to our users. On a daily basis, you will review lot titles, descriptions, and pictures, and provide users with an estimated value based on this information. If you need to reject a submission or ask for improvements, you do so in a professional and courteous manner. You also help our support team to answer customer questions related to your auctions and the objects in them. Your efforts result in exceptional auctions that bidders will find irresistible.
Finally, we expect you to create your own auctions by engaging with your top sellers, and by reaching out to your network to attract and onboard new Decorative Object sellers in the handmade and second hand space, in close collaboration with your colleagues in our Sales department.
Who are you
We do not necessarily require any diplomas or experience in similar functions, however, we do require:
- You are an absolute expert in Decorative Objects
- You have a passion for handmade and second hand decorative objects
- You have an extensive network of potential sellers and experts in your field
- An eye for trade and documented commercial experience
- Strong understanding of the German market in Decorative Objects
- Native German language skills and a good command of the English language
- Good computer skills and excited to use data to improve your auctions
- A diploma or an experience in a similar function is a benefit
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 600+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A flexible working environment: this position 100% remote, based in Germany
- A great head-office (HQ) located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.