Background on the role
Catawiki is one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech companies and currently employs ~600 people. Together with all other Catawikians, the tightly-knit 7-member management team (‘MT’) is working hard on navigating the company towards maturity: A super-fun and challenging adventure! To generate extra support in this demanding process, the MT members are now looking for a new resource: an Assistant to the Management Team / Internal Communications Expert, an allround capable and trusted individual that is by their side and will support them at every step.
The newly-created role of Assistant to the Management Team / Internal Communications Expert is a unique opportunity to ‘start at the top’. You will attend all meetings of the MT and get to know its members closely. Catawiki’s MT is an exciting group of talented individuals. You will take over parts of the current responsibilities of the CEO and the other MT members where needed most, to increase the MT’s output capacity. Initially these tasks will be the more basic ones, but as soon as you prove to be up for the job, MT members are looking forward to transferring increasingly advanced and complex tasks. You will experience a steep learning curve, discovering the company, the online industry, and business in general.
What you will do:
- Serve as first line of contact and general support for MT members;
- Manage the weekly MT meeting: Set the agenda in close cooperation with the CEO, attend the discussions, and capture decisions;
- Manage the creation of the quarterly board deck and other key presentations;
- Write internal and external MT communication, including a monthly newsletter to all 600 employees and a monthly update letter to the company’s investors;
- Improve overall company communication practices;
- Prepare periodic reports on core company metrics, and draw first high-level conclusions from the figures you see;
- Proactively share any improvement suggestions that you may have on the topics that you come across;
- Organize logistics for MT offsite events, like strategy workshops, dinners, and the quarterly board meeting;
- Manage MT members’ agendas and travel schedules.
You will be based in Amsterdam and report to the Strategy Manager. Like the MT members, you will travel to Assen about once a week.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Hands-on, proactive attitude, and an enthusiasm to pick-up a variety of tasks;
- Bachelor or master degree;
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong skill set in terms of:
- Communication, verbal and written
- Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets (or Microsoft office equivalents)
- Organization & logistics
- Time management: Ability to set priorities
- Eye for detail, persistence, thoroughness;
- High degree of confidentiality ;
- Availability to work 32-40 hours per week;
- Excitement to work in a fast-growing, informal tech scale-up.
What we offer:
- Daily interaction with the MT of a fast-growing tech company with 600 employees
- Personal development plan with trainings, feedback and coaching
- Steep learning curve;
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days paid vacation days;
- Fully-funded pension plan;
- Exciting, informal, and international scale-up environment.
Who we are:
Catawiki is Europe’s fastest-growing online auction platform whose goal is making special objects universally available. Founded in 2008, Catawiki was originally designed as a website where collectors could manage their collections online. In 2011, we hosted our first online auctions and today we offer more auctions featuring thousands of unusual, rare, and exceptional objects you won’t find in just any store. Some examples of objects from our past auction include a Game of Thrones script signed by the cast, Napoleon Bonaparte’s hair, a complete dinosaur skeleton and a solid gold LEGO brick.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.