Category Manager Art (interim)
The Category Manager Art role at Catawiki is an entrepreneurial, and challenging one. As Category Manager Art you are basically running our Art category as a strategic business unit. You are in the driving seat to take our Art business to the next level, ranging from classic and modern paintings, photographs, drawings to sculptures and prints. The Category Manager is responsible for developing Catawiki’s international Art strategy, positioning and execution. You will build a best-in-class international team of Art experts, and work closely together with category sales & marketing to get the best Art supply in auction and provide a frictionless experience to our buyers and sellers. You are end responsible for all Art related auctions, auction & FTE planning and forecasting, and quality of our lot curation process. You will report directly in the Head of Category Management and work closely together with other category managers, country managers and overall sales & marketing. This is a unique opportunity to become part of the Catawiki story!
What you will do
As Category Manager Art, your goal is to make your multidisciplinary team work in the most efficient way to meet the targets of your category. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Support and HR to achieve these goals.
The category manager will:
- Drive the category strategy and management process, together with the Head of Category Management;
- Create a strong value proposition for Art, clearing the way for Catawiki to become a serious player in the mid-market and upper segment;
- Have a holistic view on the end-to-end customer journey in Art and work with product & marketing to optimize conversion along the funnel;
- Own the quarterly auction planning & forecasting and pro-actively manage supply & demand with Sales & Marketing to create optimal auction performance;
- Own & manage the Art KPIs related to productivity, quality & profitability and customer experience;
- Ensure to deliver the best possible customer experience to our buyers & sellers with the team;
- Manage the curation quality and ensure consistency across teams through quality reviews, calibrations and sharing the ‘voice of the customer’;
- Contact new and existing sellers in collaboration with Category Sales Teams in the countries, in order to source quality supply at acceptable commercial terms;
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Support to ensure a smooth fulfillment process;
Who you are
As our Interim Category Manager Art you have:
- Strong affinity with Art, preferably backed by working experience in art related businesses;
- An entrepreneurial mindset to grow the fashion category to the next level;
- Passion for delivering a world-class customer experience as a fundament for strong growth;
- A ‘can do’ mentality with a strong sense of applying the 80/20 rule in a fast growing scale-up environment;
- Relevant working experience in retail/eCommerce preferably with a strong focus on Art;
- Strong analytical skills, using the hypothesis driven approach to generate insights on category performance;
- Best-in-class communication skills in both verbal and written form (confident in presenting and making to the point presentations);
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure whereby company goals can only be achieved by collaborating closely with other teams (Marketing, Sales and Customer Support);
- Minimum of 5 -7 years experience in managing/leading (international) teams;
- Academic level of working and thinking, Master’s degree is a plus;
- Fluent English is a must; knowledge of at least Dutch/French/German is a plus;
- Are a Team player, have strong negotiation skills and a hands-on mentality.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation, backed by world class investors. Additionally, you can expect:
- Join a fast-growing, enthusiastic team (you will be working;
- Start-up culture (you will work from the Amsterdam office);
- Competitive base salary and bonus opportunities;
- Excellent opportunities for (personal) growth & development;
- Paid holidays & Pension;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A Expertise test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.
- Home office