Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 600 Catawikians working across 6 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
As an Expert Antiques, you will be closely involved with evaluating and arranging lots submitted by our users. Using your expert knowledge and your extensive network, you will be responsible for creating attractive auctions every week. Catawiki strives to keep user transactions as transparent and fair as possible, and your expertise and experience play a large part in maintaining this standard; you know better than anyone what items are of interest to our users. You will review lot titles, descriptions, and pictures, and provide users with an estimated value based on this information. If you need to reject a submission, you do so in a professional and courteous manner. Your efforts result in exceptional auctions that bidders will find irresistible. We also expect you to create your own auctions by engaging with your top Sellers and by working with our Sales teams, to attract new Sellers and offer even more choice to our Buyers.
Finally, you’ll also be working together with our Marketing department to be an Antique evangelist, within and outside of Catawiki. You will be involved in the Marketing plan designed to promote the Catawiki Antiques department, and you will be interviewed for press articles.
Who are you
We do not necessarily require any diplomas or experience in similar functions, however, we do require:
- You are an absolute Antiques Expert;
- You have experience in trading related to Antiques in France;
- Documented commercial experience;
- Excellent (English) communicative skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Naturally, you have an extensive network of potential sellers and experts in your field;
- You have the diplomatic competence needed to act as a mediator in disputes between users;
- Good command of the English language.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- An in-house ‘Learning & Development’ team which provides tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.