Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 600 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
As a Front-End Developer at Catawiki you’ll be part of an agile development team of 50+ developers and will mostly be developing parts of the product that are used by our millions of customers. You will interact with our Back-End, UX, Product Management, Data and Marketing teams (plus Catawiki’s users!) as you develop new functionality and:
- Bring your own ideas to improve the product with an iterative, small-steps approach through A/B testing.
- Collaborate with the designers in your team to develop the best user experience for our customers.
- Work closely with the Back-End Developers in your team to build APIs and improve performance.
- Work in a modern ES6 environment.
- Help migrate our not-so-modern jQuery application to React.
- Work with the wider Front-End team to help us migrate to Typescript.
Who you are
A driven Front-End Developer needs good communicative skills and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology (or similar). Naturally, you’ll need to be familiar with the following:
- The quirks of modern and less up to date browsers
- Responsive design
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript, SASS or HAML would be really cool but is not essential.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- An in-house ‘Learning & Development’ team which provides tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
Amsterdam or Assen