12 x promotional photolithos - each titled, numbered, dated and signed - 1991/92
|Titel van kunstwerk:||Sony portfolio - 12 photolitho's - 1990-1993|
Between 1990 and 1995, Sony Music published an annual portfolio of 6 pop photographs of Dutch photographers. The limited edition of 500 copies was only distributed as a promotional gift to partners of Sony and was never published commercially. The paper size is 50 x 60 cm and on the back each photo is provided with a short printed biography of the photographer. Each print is numbered and signed.
This lot consists of the original sleeve of the 1992 portfolio and a content of 12 prints from several years.
The sleeve has damp spots and is in poor condition. The prints have not been stored in the sleeve and are in excellent condition.
In order of images:
1. HESTER DOOVE (1966-) - SUSANNE HOFFS (The Bangles), Barbizan Palace, Amsterdam (Portfolio 1992) - 220/500
2. LEX VAN ROSSEN (1950-2007) - MICHAEL JACKSON, Olympic Stadium, Munich (Portfolio 1993) - 397/500
3. FRANS JANSEN (1962) - GLORIA ESTEFAN (Miami Sound Machine), American Hotel, Amsterdam (Portfolio 1992) - 220/500
4. NICK VAN ORMONDT (1961-) - BARRY HAY (Golden Earring), Daughter Lola, studio, Halfweg (Portfolio 1992) - 220/500
5. NIELS VAN IPEREN (1968-) - JOE SATRIANI, American Hotel, Amsterdam (Portfolio 1993) - 397/500
6. PETER GRAMBERG (1957-) - RICHENEL, Studio, Amsterdam (Portfolio 1990 CBS) - 96/500
7. ARNO LINGERAK (1965) - FLAVOR FLAW (PUBLIC ENEMY), Rijnhal, Arnhem (Portfolio 1991) - 229/500
8. PAUL LEVITTON (1950-) - FREEK DE JONGE, Groningen (Portfolio 1993) - 397/500
9. LEX VAN ROSSEN (1950-2007) - TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY, Congresgbouw, The Hague (Portfolio 1991) - 229/500
10. ROY TEE (1949) - JULIO IGLESIAS, NOB TV studio, Hilversum (Portfolio 1992) - 220/500
11. ROB VERHORST (1952-) - GEORGE MICHAEL, Ahoy Stadium, Rotterdam (Portfolio 1990 CBS) - 96/500
12. LEX VAN ROSSEN (1950-2007) - MICHAEL JACKSON, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam (Portfolio 1990 CBS) - 96/500
Lex van Rossen (1950 Haarlem - 2007 Amsterdam The Netherlands)
Lex van Rossen was a renowned Dutch pionier in pop photography. For many years he worked for the newspaper NRC. His pictures appeared in all mayor pop magazines and he was court supplier of the legendary Telegraaf journalist Jip Golsteijn and OOR. Van Rossen portraited stars like Queen, The Rolling Stones, U2 and Michael Jackson. He was rewarded the Pop Press Price 2004, at which the jury called him a true front soldier who is not afraid of the confrontation with his subject nor for the crowd of fans in the front rows. In 2005 De Melkweg organized a huge exposition of his work, named Rock Rossen Roll. At the Noorderslag Festival 2008 in Groningen, the first “Lex van Rossen Award” will be granted, a price for young European pop photogaphy talent (see NRC, Kunst, Pag. 9, 05-01-2008)
Niels van Iperen (1968)
Van Iperen graduated at the School for Photography in The Hague in 1990. Ever since he is a big name in photography. Not only his pop photography (with publications like a portrait of Curt Cobain on the cover of Rolling Stone) is appreciated, he is also an advertsing and social photographer. His series “Indigenous People”, “Mineworkers in Bolivia” and “People of Bogota”, show the need to protect what is becoming scarce and to help those in need. His music portfolio contains work of Bryan Adams, David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, Deep Purple, Oasis and many more. For Marillion he is the photographer of their album sleeves. He was rewarded the “Zilveren Camera” in 1993 and won the first price at Woodstock Festival 94. His work has been exposed at Noorderlicht (Groningen) and SBK Gallery in Amsterdam.
Hester Doove (1966)
Hester Doove completed her studies at the School of Photography in The Hague in 1990. During her third year she was the student apprentice of Erwin Olaf and Wim van Hulst. Since the beginning of her career she has worked as a pop photographer, and shot stars like The Bangles and Tori Amos when on visit in The Netherlands. Nowadays she still works in this area (with portraits of Mobi, Barry White, Alanis Morissette), but she combines it with commissioned advertising work, which is commercially more attractive. She lives in Amsterdam.
All prints and books on offer will be shipped by insured and registered mail. Large prints will be shipped in tubes, small and medium sized prints in cardboard (envelopes). Pick up in The Hague, The Netherlands is possible. Insured and registered shipping. The Netherlands € 20. Europe € 30. Worldwide € 50. Combined shipping free of charge.
Catawiki gebruiker sinds 13 december 2016, heeft in totaal 36 reviews ontvangen (0 in de afgelopen 12 maanden)
De verkoper verzendt binnen 3 werkdagen na ontvangst van bericht van de betaling.
Verzendkosten zijn alleen voor bestemmingen op het vasteland.
Eventuele andere kosten of heffingen zoals douane- of invoerrechten, inklarings- en administratiekosten kunnen ook van toepassing zijn tijdens de verzending van uw kavel en zullen, indien van toepassing, in een later stadium door de betrokken partij aan u in rekening worden gebracht.
|Verenigde Staten||€ 50,00|
|Verenigd Koninkrijk||€ 30,00|
|De rest van Europa||€ 30,00|
|Overige bestemmingen||€ 50,00|