It is very rare to find any of these horse figure with this pigment, details and size!!!
Outstanding pottery "mingqi" representing a painted pottery model of a striding saddled horse.
Grey earthenware coated with white slip and remains of yellow (very rare), black and red pigment.
Tang Dynasty (618-907), Chang’an, Shaanxi province, China
Height: 75 cm.
Width: 70 cm.
- A Certificate of Authenticity from Becker Antiques (specialist in Chinese pottery since 1969, Amsterdam) will accompany the item.
- All items legal to buy/sell under The Netherlands covering cultural patrimony, and are guaranteed to be as described or your money back.
- The result of the thermoluminescence test, is consistent with the dating of the item, Tang dynasty (ca. 1310 years old). Sampling in 4 different points - A: Left Buttock B: Belly Underside C: Saddle D: Inside Mouth. C seems to be restored. Furthermore, for its age and large size very good condition.
- Provenance: Property of a Noble Dutch gentleman; acquired 1980s-1990s on New York art market.
Finely modelled striding with head turned to the left, the mouth open and the ears picked, the horse with hogged mane and docked tail, the saddle covered with a knotted set atop a blanket painted with scrolling foliage.
A similar striding horse slightly larger (height 77 cm.) is illustrated in Christie’s catalogue Fine Chinese Ceramics and Works of Art, 29 March 2006, lot 376.
The seller guarantees that he is entitled to ship this lot.
It will be professionally packed and safely send in a wooden crate by FedEx.
Buyers are responsible for import regulation and restrictions of their own country
*Please note: Due to the value and fragility of this object, shipping to China/Taiwan will only be possible through an experienced and specialized shipping company (Art Packers and Shippers, Neumann en Vettin B.V.). Every lot will be shipped with a custom-made case to guarantee safe transportation. Shipping costs are to be determined on the basis of a requested quote at neumannenvettin.com made by the seller. The buyer is responsible for payment of the shipping costs and all related import charges.
- Een meesterwerk, Mingqi
- Tang Dynasty (618-907)
- Regio / land van herkomst
- Titel kunstwerk
- A Large and Superb Grey Pottery Figure of a Saddled Horse, TL test
- Zeer goede staat, zie beschrijving
- 75×70×20 cm