Grandmother carrying her lantern and her real wool knitting
Weight 753 g - Height 33 cm signed Renée Gateau.
Grandfather with his drum and his wooden flute
Weight 608 g - Height 33 cm signed Renée Gateau.
In good, well-preserved condition.
The creations of the Santons by Gateau & fils perfectly fit in the tradition of the santouns (little saints) of the Provence:
- they are made of raw or cooked clay, modelled or moulded by hand with plaster moulds,
- the decoration, also manual, is by gouache or oil or acrylic paints,
- and made entirely in the Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur region.
This strong attachment to traditions and the desire to protect this artisanal activity made Ms. Gateau the president of the santonniers' union of the Provence. Under her leadership, the Charter of the Santonniers of the Provence was born.
- Santons de Provence ondertekend
- Geschatte periode
- Midden 20e eeuw
- Land van herkomst
- Goede staat - gebruikt met kleine tekenen van ouderdom en vlekjes