RARE military rifle for the defence and protection of the rampart and citadel,
this is an unknown model, I’ve done a lot of research, this model could be a unique piece or only a few copies were made as a test weapon or prototype. It does not match the rifle model 1840 and is visibly more recent than the rampart model 1831, the lock resembles that of model 1842 which was modified, information for a specialist!
- lock signed "Manufacture Royale de Tulle"
- large barrel with thin DAMASCUS sides, grooved barrel interior, large calibre: 20 mm
- barrel is equipped with a gun sight on the top, backsight adjuster and sight, a tunnel on the back guides the shooter’s eyes and protects the eyes from firing
- mechanism works perfectly, strong percussion
- loading rod under barrel
- wood in very well-preserved condition, some handling marks
rare piece in a well-preserved condition
several quality photos at your disposal
several markings and hallmarks on the interior of the lock mechanism
wooden butt signed: J. MATHIEU
calibre: 20 mm
lock length: 13 cm
barrel length: 66 cm
total length: 107 cm
- Land van herkomst
- RARE fusil de rempart
- '' Manufacture Royale de Tulle ''
- Type wapen
- Totale lengte
- 107 cm
- Loop/lemmet lengte
- 66 cm