Antique signed silk Hereke with very beautiful design. Vegetable dyes.
collectors item. Please look at the pictures carefully.
• Item number: 2321
• exported from Turkey before jan. 2015
• Knot density is 1.000,000 knots/m² (10X10)
• Country of Origin: Turkey
• Size: approx 92 cm X 61 cm (excluding fringes)
• Pile: 100% Silk
• Chain: Silk
• Condition: Damaged and in need of restoration
• Quality: Very high quality
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
With certificate of authenticity
The most famous pure silk carpets in the world are produced in the small town of Hereke, east of Istanbul. Due to the unbelievably thin nature of the silk fiber being used, weavers tie exceptionally high number of knots, thus creating more detailed, magnificent carpets. It is also not uncommon for metallic threads to be woven into the pile which only can be done by expert weavers. The sheer beauty and unbelievably strong raw material of these rugs, enables them to be used both on the floor or as a wall hanging. Hereke rugs are to last generations and is not only a rug but truly a work of art.
- Hereke silk
- 92 cm
- 61 cm
- Zijde op zijde
- Land van herkomst
- Midden 20e eeuw
- Beschadigd en restauratie nodig
- Professioneel schoongemaakt tapijt