Covered pot - Kutani - Porcelain - With mark 'Kutani zo Tashima sei Nakagawa ga' 九谷造田島製中川画 (Made by Tashima and painted by Nakagawa in Kutani)
- Japan - circa 1880-1900 (Meiji Period)
Rare covered pot with two handles in KUTANI porcelain, Japan. Very rich decoration in gold on coral background with two large animated reserves, one representing five people and a dog watching a traditional dancer, the other representing a family in a bucolic landscape.
Finely marked underneath, in red, with 9 characters (see photos 9 & 10).
Kutani kilns, late 19th century. Meiji period (1868 - 1912), circa 1880-1900.
Excellent condition, light enamel cracks, no restoration.
Height 13.3 cm
- Overdekte pot
- ca 1880-1900 (Meiji-periode)
- Regio / land van herkomst
- Decoratie / aardewerk
- Titel kunstwerk
- With mark 'Kutani zo Tashima sei Nakagawa ga' 九谷造田島製中川画
- Zeer goede staat, zie beschrijving
- 13×0×0 cm