An outstandingly beautiful painting, signed and sealed 松田杏亭 Matsuda Kyotei (1887 – 1965).
He studied painting with Ansai Oda and Hideune Ikegami. He is considered as one of the best 20th century carp painters. He was named “Koi no Kyotei" (Carp Kotei).
Painting: 116 x 41 cm; Indian ink, water colours and real gold on silk; in very good condition.
Mounting: 197 x 53.5 cm; silk; some faint damp stains (specifically in the upper field); some dark staining (due to oxidation); some bleaching of the blue silk (retouched); overall, appearing is good.
Roller ends: Cattle bone
- Rolschildering, Schilderij
- Shōwa periode (1926-1989)
- Regio / land van herkomst
- Titel kunstwerk
- Three Carps – Signed and sealed by famous carp painter Matsuda Kyotei (松田杏亭, 1887 – 1965)
- Zeer goede staat, zie beschrijving
- 63,5×28×0 cm