Spectacular and rare pair of vases mounted in hard stone, dating from the first third of the 19th century. Parisian work made of 'ormolu' mercury gilt bronze mounts whose matt, burnished and glazed finishes are fairly well preserved.
The upper part is made of porphyry from the Vosges - a prestigious material - extracted in particular from sites such as Remiremont. From 1768 onwards, the Duke d’Aumont, the King's intendant of the menu-plaisirs, would work to provide the hard stone crown made from this origin.
The lower part is made of Languedoc marble, another noble material used by Louis XIV at the Grand Trianon.
This kind of decorative objects under the Restoration is synonymous with great wealth such as the diorite productions of Corsica, Imperial porphyry or malachite from Russia.
This pair is in good condition, a slight restoration on the base of one (last photo).
Height: approx. 40 cm
Provenance: French castle
It is possible to organise hand-delivery. To be defined.
- Opgezette vazen
- Brons (verguld), Marmer
- Ontwerper / kunstenaar
- Production parisienne
- Geschatte periode
- Land van herkomst
- Uitstekende staat - nauwelijks gebruikt met minimale gebruikssporen en tekenen van ouderdom