Extremely rare second issue of the first edition of the translation (from greek) of the "Historia" by the byzantine author Ioannes Zonaras, who lived at the beginning of the 12th century and is considered as one of the greatest Byzantine historians.
The work is divided into three parts:
1) The history of the Jews from the origins to the ruin of Jerusalem.
2) The history of the Roman Empire
3) The history of the Byzantine Empire (until the authors times).
The book is in excellent condition; in a coeval pergamen binding, and the text is enriched with many woodcaved headletters.
Apparently this is a variant issue, with a different title-page, of the edition published by the same publisher in the same year; the rest of the typesetting appears to be exactly the same.
- Aantal boeken
- Auteur/ Illustrator
- Marco Emilio Fiorentino
- Historia di GIovanni Zonara primo consigliero et capitano della guerra Imperiale di Constantinopoli
- Zeer Goed
- Publicatiejaar oudste item
- Eerste druk
- Oorspronkelijke taal
- Ludovico degli Avanzi
- Aantal pagina‘s.
- 21,5×16 cm