Before continuing reading, ask yourself:
"What is a RETRO-COMPUTING without Software & Games"?
Being an Apple enthusiast, I have collected RARE and VALUABLE hardware and software for my co-sentimental Apple companions. The lucky Macintosh Apple enthusiast can supplement his/her collection with this legendary collector's item: the “Macintosh CLASSIC” packed with "tons of pre-installed software and games of yesteryear", ready to use – and to give you a glimp of Apple's history. Furthermore. As a free gift you get the RARE (and hard-to-find) "world-famous" pixel-art picture of "Stef Jobs" (it's waiting for you on the hard disk).
// IMPORTANT – WHY BUY FROM ME?
(instead of other sellers)
I am a Mac user from way back in the Legacy Era. I offer Vintage Apple computers as I would buy them myself. My admiration for Steve Jobs' legacy is so great that I want the Macs I sell, to stand "the test of time". Furthermore I only sell items I have "passion" for.
Hardware-wise, all my sold computers are completely disassembled, cleaned – and, if necessary, repaired – in order to extend their lifespan. See pictures.
// ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST & BATTERY ACID
– DUST: the inside of a 30-year-old computer looks the same as "the collection-container of a vacuum cleaner" (read: a dust bunny). And as you know "dust" can ruin your electronics;
– LEAKS: 30-year-old batteries will someday leak, causing irreversible damage to the computer. The old battery is removed and replaced by a brand-new battery;
Long-Story Short. Computers from other vendors may look the same on the outside. I can guarantee you that the inside is very different! So if you want to enjoy your investment for as long as possible, choosing "wisely" is advisable.
// GERM-FREE KEYBOARD II (M0487) & MOUSE (G5431)
The Macintosh comes with the accompanying keyboard and mouse. Those objects alone are already worth a fortune on auction websites. The keyboard (and mouse) are completely disassembled and cleaned professionally (see pictures). In my opinion it is my responsibility (as a seller) to provide a Germ-Free keyboard (a 2018 study found that 96% of the keyboards were contaminated with bacteria). So, I think we can agree that nobody wants a nasty, infected keyboard.
This 100 % working, professionally checked “Vintage” bundle includes “working software*”.
// SOFTWARE & GAMING PACK
The following RARE software (and games) are installed on the hard disk (English versions):
– Adobe Photoshop 1 (the first version! = rare);
– Adobe Illustrator 1.1 (the first version! = rare);
– Aldus Pagemaker U.S. version 2.0a = rare;
– MacWrite 2;
– MacPaint 2;
– Microsoft Works (Word, Database, Spreadsheet, Communications);
– Microsoft Excel;
– Calculator +;
– Mac Pong II
– Macman 2.0 (= Pac-man)
– Klondike 5.1 (= Card Game Solitaire)
– Star Wars (shooting game)
– Blackjack 4.0
– Brickles 2.0
– Mystery Box
The computer only includes software & games that is classified as "abandonware" (= from the Public Domain, distributed over the internet and available freely, easily and readily). The software is supplied "free of charge" as a free service (for the retro-computing fan).
// SOME HISTORY & CONTEXT
I want to take a trip back "thirty years". The Macintosh CLASSIC was sold in 1990 / 1991 (30 years ago).
From its compact size to its 1-bit black and white display, the Mac Classic's adorable form factor is one to be celebrated. The Classic was one of a few models that represented something "STREAMLINED". For me the Classic’s "purity-of-line" is truly special. Everything extraneous is stripped away – leaving you with just the essence of the computer.
Look at how "its face" tilts up towards you, at once a smart practical trick to make the screen easier to see on a computer which will sit below your eye-line, and an evocation of nothing so much as a puppy looking up at you, begging to play.
The CLASSIC was comparable to the Mac SE/30 (= a streamlined and curvy repackage of the Macintosh SE/30) – and featured several improvements over the aging Macintosh PLUS, which it replaced. It was up to 25% faster than the Plus, and included an Apple SuperDrive 3.5-inch floppy disk drive as standard.
It’s easy to pick up and transport from place to place. And oh, how lovely that handle feels! The thickness and solidity of the handle that you curl your fingers around, which both makes it easy to grip and makes it feel substantial, nudges you to reflect every time you pick up the Classic that it is a quality piece of hardware.
That feeling persists when you switch it on. The switch itself – easy to locate by touch – makes the most pleasing, positive, unmistakable thunk when you flick it. When you do, you get that reassuring beep and then a businesslike whir as it boots; it feels like you’ve woken something up. The cathode ray tube sleepily warms up, and before long you’re greeted with the happy Mac icon.
And that screen! That dinky, sharp, perfect little screen! There’s something fundamentally honest and pure about a 1-bit, black and white display, and the crispness of the pixels is a genuine delight even in these days of pixels so tiny we can’t actually see them. I’ll never stop loving the 1-bit interface design of these early Macs.
It’s clean and spare and elegant, it still has bags of personality and charm. So yes, I completely adore the Classic form factor. It’s such a captivating, self-contained bundle of happiness. So compact, so totable.
It was described by MacWeek as a "fine replacement for the Macintosh Plus" that best embodies "the original Macintosh vision" six-and-a-half-years-later.
// MORE INFORMATION
This bundle includes:
– the Macintosh CLASSIC [ with working 40MB SCSI hard drive – and 1.44 MB "SuperDrive" disk drive, assembled in Ireland);
– Apple Keyboard II (Model M0487) – serial: MM3439HGO3NZ;
– Coiled cable for Apple Keyboard;
– Apple Desktop Mouse (one Button Vintage ADB), Model: G5431, (serial: MI043ECKC25)
– Power cable (European);
– Lots of rare RETRO software & games installed on de hard disk;
– The "world-famous" pixel-art picture of "Stef Jobs".
– EXTRA: Including RAM expansion card!
The Macintosh CLASSIC has the following built-in ports:
– 2x ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) port;
– DB-19 floppy drive port
– DB-25 SCSI port
– serial modem port;
– serial printer port
– sound output.
The CLASSIC is arguably one of the products that can be said to have turned Apple’s fortunes around. And that makes this Apple Computer extremely RARE and EXCEPTIONAL … and therefore a good investment. In addition, the CLASSICSs that are typically sold are very "yellowed" and have several cracks. This specimen was used in a UV light poor and smoke free environment. Therefore: only a little yellowing on some spots. It also has no single crack in the plastic.
– Model Number: M0420 (assembled in Ireland)
– Serial Number: CK2070E0D11;
– Total Memory: 4 MB
– System Software Z1-7.1 (English version)
As these are "vintage items", they are being sold as. Normal signs of use and wear. But as an experienced connoisseur I can guarantee that these items are in MINT condition (always keeping in mind their age). The numerous images are part of the meticulous description. Thus: judge yourself!
– The internal floppy drive works like a charm (formatting, reading disks, eject). That is unique! Usually the "EJECT mechanism" fails. So the famous paperclip method isn't needed for this Mac!
– In general, the weak point of the Classic is that the sound no longer works. The sounds of this Classic still works (= unique)!
– Because this computer was located in a clean, smoke-free environment, the plastic has remained quite "gray".
// PACKAGING & SHIPPING
The CLASSIC bundle is packaged securely and carefully for safe shipment.
Moreover, the CLASSIC bundle is shipped INSURED because of its precious value.
Because of the precious content extra attention is paid to the CUSTOM packaging. The extra cost is included in the shipping price.
"One More Thing"
– Steve Jobs quote
Don't miss this unique opportunity.
Great opportunities don't come everyday!
Let the bidding begin … for this "Macintosh Classic" at 30.
An iconic Apple computer!
"One More Thing"
When in doubt, check my positive customer reviews ;)
(… because there are some "copycats" out there, who copy my style and pretend to be me).
By-the-way: There is only one "VISENTO"! That's me ;)
- CLASSIC Mac's 30-jarig jubileum, inclusief SOFTWARE & GAMING PACK
- In werkende conditie
- In vervangende verpakking
- 35,5×24,6×28,4 cm